Monday, March 23, 2009

This is Why You're Fat

Is an awesome website (http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/). I’m a fat kid but those pictures and the levels of gluttony on that site even make me feel a little queasy. Speaking of all things fat, here in Australia you can get a “mayonnaise swirl” on your pizza! Barf! You used to be able to get a fried egg on your pizza here, too, but I don’t know if they still have that. One place also had a “surf and turf” pizza with steak and shrimp on it. I can see going to a fancy pizza place for dinner and splurging on something like that, but this is just a regular chain pizza place that delivers and the pizza costs like $10. It doesn’t sound appetizing at all. Last weekend S and I tried this local wood fire place and the only chicken pizza they had had sesame seeds and honey on it; it was definitely different. I think I’ll stick with my pizza margarita.

I’ve struggled with my weight my whole life. I was healthy and a decent weight in high school but since I graduated I’ve gained a bunch of weight. I think I just got lazy: I went from getting up at 5am 3 times a week to surf, plus surfing most afternoons, to eating all the time with the loser exbf and working fulltime, plus being a fulltime college student. If I lived back in Orange County and had a surfing buddy, like I had in Nae in high school, I would love to get back in to bodyboarding. Here I am deathly afraid of getting eaten by a shark. We’ve just had 3 attacks in 3 weeks in my state, so I don’t feel like I’m being irrational. I was able to lose a bunch of weight and got to go on the trip to Hawaii, but I’m embarrassed to say, I put it all right back on after the trip. Last year was a pretty stressful year trying to finish up and I just didn’t focus on my health at all. While I was back home, Dad bought me some Hydroxycut and it seemed to really work for the time I was taking it before S came to town. I am back to taking it now and it totally kills my appetite. This time it hasn’t killed my cravings though, I am trying to be good and for the most part am fighting them off on my own. I’m already down a few pounds this week, and some might be water weight, though I don’t know cause I have to drink between 8-10 glasses of water a day. S is also feeling chubby, he’s not, he’s normal, he’s just not toned, but this is good cause he wants to be more active. I live close to a lake so last weekend we did an hour and a half walk near the lake on one day and the other day we mowed my football field/jungle of a lawn and that took us about 2.5 hours. He is also going to get me a beach cruiser bike sometime soon so we can ride around the lake and down to the beach and stuff. Being outdoors doing fun stuff like that is my preferred method of working out, though it’d be nice to have a treadmill in my living room to just walk on while I watch TV. I’m here sitting around anyway, might as well make it healthy and I wouldn’t have to go like hardcore, just walking while I watch and burning some extra calories. S’s Dad has one that he’s not using anymore, but S makes a good point, as soon as we brought it over and had it, his Dad would get the urge to use it again. No one ever really grows out of being a toddler….MY Toy! Haha, oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please feel free to leave me a comment!