Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Told You I Didn't Want My Picture Taken, You Snapped It Anyway

We're back from the wildlife rehabilitation center (there are a few pictures from it at the end of this set) and Boyfriend is napping so I've had some time to watch the river go by and to look through all the pictures I've snapped on the trip so far. We'll be leaving here in the morning and it looks like we might run in to some rain and snow on our trip back down to San Francisco, fingers crossed that we don't need chains because we don't have any! Hope you enjoy the pictures.


A cold and rainy day in Fort Bragg, CA










The view from our hotel room in the morning...a gorgeous day and a gorgeous view!






One of the locally brewed beers that Boyfriend really likes.


















I had no idea we had elk anywhere in California!


Where we got out for a 2nd time to look at this river (the Smith) and where when we got back in to the car, I backed over a rock that punctured my oil pan. Had we not pulled over immediately we could've seized the engine on our car, but we were smart enough to pull over. We had to wait an hour and a half for a tow truck (in the dark dark as we were up a ways in to the mountains) and then got stuck in Crescent City, CA for the night at a really sketchy motel, but at least they were able to fix my car quickly and cheaply and we're not still in Crescent City awaiting a new part!




The nicest thing we found in Crescent City: their lighthouse.



What's a girl to do when stuck in a place like Crescent City waiting for her car to get fixed??



Back on the road. Back to pulling over (put this time in paved lots) to check out the Smith River.






I'm really only about a 2 minute walk from my car, but the trees and mountains seem to dwarf it.



One of the grey wolves at the Wildlife Images Rehabilitation Center after her walk.



Eurasian lynx



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please feel free to leave me a comment!