Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Great Golden Baby

She's here! LC and Bob Marley became the proud parents of a baby girl at 8:40 Monday night! She will be known as Lo on here and she weighed in at 6lbs120z. I can't wait to see her. LC had to go to Gosford Hospital instead of our local one so I have no way to get down and see her. I wish I could, though. Hopefully she will be home this Friday and Boyfriend and I can drop in and see them. LC had also requested I bring her some cookies when I see her so I'll have to whip up a batch before we head over.
I'm wondering if Friday night will be Bob Marley's night to "Wet the Baby's Head"? Do we have a tradition like that in the States? Basically the father of the new baby gets to go out with all his guy friends and family and get drunk or at least have a few at the pub. It's just basically a night to celebrate the Dad since they don't typically get involved with the baby shower and it's to wish the baby a good life, I think.
I sent LC a message of Congratulations when she had texted us all that the baby had been born, but I haven't messaged or called since. I don't know if I'm supposed to? I don't want to disturb her if she is sleeping or if she has guests. I'm not sure how soon after you have a baby you go home or if she's still at the hospital? She also needs time to adjust to the reality that she really does have a baby so I don't want to bother her during the settling in period, but I also don't want her to think that I'm not thinking about her and wanting to see her and the little one.
Anyway, Congratulations again to her and Bob Marley!! Now there are two sets of parents in the group and it won't be that long until we've got 3...crazy!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you so please feel free to leave me a comment!