Look at me, I'm a delicious heart attack on a plate!
Have you ever been at least 500 miles from the nearest Costco and found yourself craving a Chicken Bake? No?? It's only us?
From the first time he came to California, Boyfriend was hooked on Costco's Chicken Bakes. I think they are probably about 25% of the reason he now makes the trip out to visit my family every year!
After his second trip to the States, Boyfriend asked if I could try and find out how to make the Chicken Bakes at home so I found a copy-cat recipe and he has been happy ever since.
What You Will Need
1. Enough pizza dough for one pizza. (I used one of the Aldi pizza kits with the pre-made, but uncooked dough)
2. Mozzarella cheese
3. Parmesan Cheese
4. Green Onions
5. 2 Slices of cooked Bacon
6. 1 Cooked Chicken Breast
7. Cesar Salad Dressing (Don't make the mistake I did this last time and get the Aussie stuff because it's cheaper-it was kinda sweet and really gross! Stick with Paul Newman or Cardini's)
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2.Roll out pizza dough in to a rectangle (Aldi's is already in this shape). If you'd like to make 2 chicken bakes, rather than one large one, then cut your rectangle in half so you are left with 2 long, skinny pieces.
3. Cut up 2 green onions, using the majority of the white end from both of them and the green end from 1 of them.
4. Spread between 1-2 tablespoons of the Cesar dressing on to the pizza dough (dough should have a thin layer of dressing across all of it).
5. Sprinkle mozzarella over the dressing, again you want a thin layer across all of the dough.
6. Spread chicken pieces, bacon pieces, and green onion slices across the mozzarella using as much of each ingredient as you like.
7. Sprinkle more mozzarella over the top of the chicken, bacon, and green onion so that ingredients are lightly covered.
8. Sprinkle a small amount of parmesan cheese over the mozzarella.
9. Roll dough in to a burrito like shape and tuck in ends of dough so that fillings don't spill out.
10. Spread a handful of parmesan cheese over the top of the Chicken Bake and make sure you press it in to the dough a bit so it doesn't fall off.
11. Bake on an oiled or baking paper lined cookie sheet in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.