Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I'm Chiquita Banana and I've Come to Say

We've got baby bananas growing in our backyard! Near the clothes line out back has is a banana tree (not technically true, but whateves) and it's always just been a mass of leaves, but last week as I was hanging out the laundry I noticed it had a big red-ish, purple-ish flower on it. One of the flower petals had fallen off to reveal 6 tiny bananas. When I went out to check on them today, there are now 12 baby bananas and some are still being hidden by the petals of the big flower! I hope that they grow and ripen, though I'm worried because it has been pretty cold and windy around here the past few days and I'm sure it's only bound to get colder. Anyway, these little guys brought some brightness to my day so I thought I'd share the first pictures of
them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please feel free to leave me a comment!