Monday, August 17, 2009

It's time I got back to the Good Life. It's time I got back...And I don't even know how I got off the track

So Friday was pretty uneventful. I think Boyfriend and I just worked and hung around the house. Saturday was housework day because we have a property inspection from our real estate company on Wednesday and I don't think we've mowed our lawn in about 3 months. We had clover that was so big and bushy it was halfway up Boyfriend's shins and other funny tufts of grass that stuck out like mini mohawks around the yard. Our yard gets really jungly and it is a really big yard and it is a pain to mow, but we made an awesome team of me going nuts and hacking the crap out of stuff with the weed wacker and Boyfriend following behind me with the lawn mower. It looked so nice out there once it was all mowed and the weather this weekend was like perfect spring time weather ( in the 70s, which blows my mind because technically we should be having weather similar to what it would be like in February back home right now) and we laid out under the trees listening to the kookaburras and lorikeets after we were finished.

Because of the warm weather we have been getting, lots of flowers are starting to grow around our place.

We thought we just had weeds growing in the little garden area underneath our kitchen window, but all of a sudden I have a bunch of freesia in bloom and it smells so good everytime I walk by!

Our bananas are also starting to get a little bigger. We've only got 11 real baby bananas right now, but lots of blooms underneath those that might turn in to bananas? I can't tell at this point.

These leaves are from a plant called "monstera deliciosa" and their flowers are huge and white and look like lanterns. Apparently you can eat the fruit off of them so we are going to try them next time they fruit.

And this is the big gum at the end of our property. It always has a kookaburra or two or a few lorikeets on it. A pair of lorikeets actually live in one of the holes in the tree and they typically sit in the tree and screech at me while I hang out our laundry. I tried putting out some oranges right below their hole to see if they would come down and feed, but so far they haven't. There is another big gum tree a few houses down from us and bees have moved in and created a hive in one of the tree's holes. It is so neat to walk down and see!
It's been great having Boyfriend here with me. He has totally stepped up and stepped in to the role of the live-in Boyfriend. He helps make dinner, he does yardwork, and he buys gadgets that we need for the house that I wouldn't think to get or am just too lazy to look for. It's been nice to have him here all the time and to have had him make the transition so smoothly. Our parents still aren't too stoked on the situation, but it is really working out well for us and we are really happy together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please feel free to leave me a comment!