Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Kissed a Girl, Her Lips Were Sweet. She Was Just Like Kissing Me.

Have you guys heard of Tegan and Sara? I love them! I first heard them at this benefit concert that Neil Young puts on for the Children with Disabilities School that his kids attend. I think Neil Young actually discovered T&S and helped them get their first records recorded and stuff. I listen to their two CDs "If It Was You" and "So Jealous" a lot and their newest album "The Con" is supposed to be great, as well. I'd say start out with "So Jealous" as a first CD if you're interested cause I love all the songs on that one. Tegan and Sara, in addition to being twins, are also both lesbians. I didn't realize this until I went to see them one night by myself when they were playing the bar at my university here. I thought it was odd that there were lots of single girls at the show and lots of really butchy girls, but didn't think anything of it until I heard some time later that they were both gay. My Mom gets really mad when I say it, but I'd totally go a little lezzy for T&S. They make great music (and they have really cute stage banter back and forth), they have really cool and unique voices, and to be quite honest, there is something totally hot about them. I don't think there are any other girls that I'd say I'd want to date, but it might be "Bye Bye Boyfriend" if I had a chance at Tegan or Sara, but mostly Tegan. Haha!

This first song kills me everytime. It makes my heart hurt because it makes you think back to getting your heart broken as a teenager and whatever and they just sing it so raw and beautifully. Tegan wrote it after she and her girlfriend of 5 years broke up and I think she totally nailed that broken up feeling on the head.



I'm just going to give you guys a list of song titles, a little blurb about the song, and links to check them out if that's ok?

"Not Tonight"-the first T&S I really fell in love with. "Everything in my body says not tonight, Everything in my body says no" http://tinysong.com/74Bq

"Where Does the Good Go"-about when a relationship is falling apart, their voices are awesome
on this one and the chorus is something I could listen to over and over again, "look me in the eye and tell me you dont find me attractive,look me in the heart and tell me you wont go,look me in the eye and promise no love is like our love,look me in the heart and unbreak broken it wont happen,its love that leaves and breaks ,the seal of always thinking you would be, real happy and healthy strong and calm, where does the good go,where does the good go" This song actually might have been on an episode of Grey's Anatomy

"Fix you up"-I just love the line that they repeat half way through the song and how they sing it
"This love is all I have to give" http://tinysong.com/74Gy

"And Darling"-"You slip your hands inside my pockets. Tell me nothing else would do, Without me you can't live." Just reminds me of me and Boyfriend wearing hoodies and keeping warm and hanging out together. Plus I like how T&S kind of sing over and around each other on this one, not completely in synch. http://tinysong.com/74Gl

Boyfriend listens to this song by NoFX called "Creeping Out Sara" which is all about the singer creeping out and harassing Sara about being a lesbian. It's pretty goofy. Here's the link to that one: http://tinysong.com/74us

Anyway, I hope you guys like Tegan and Sara as much as I do. I can't wait for them to
come back to Australia! We saw them hanging out behind the venue before the show the last
time we went and saw them and all the boys were like "Go say Hi" but I was too shy so
maybe this next time I won't be and maybe we will fall in love. P.S. Sorry about how jankity the
text is on this, I don't know what's wrong with it as it all looks normal in the window where
I actually write out the blog but it's displaying weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please feel free to leave me a comment!