Thursday, July 8, 2010

Don't Let Your Inhibitions Guide Your Way

I've started a list of 30 things (well 27 for now) that I want to do before I'm 30. That means I've got a little longer than 4 and a half years to get this stuff done. I know it's not the most original blog post, as I have seen it done in a bunch of different variations on a bunch of different blogs, but I think it's important to put things out in to the universe if you want them to happen so here it goes universe:

1. Get married. (I'm engaged so well on my way to this one-September 2012)

2. Find steady employment.

3. Lose weight, I won't specify a number, but it's intimidating.

4. Travel to South Africa.

5. Finally travel to Melbourne.

6. Finally travel to the Gold Coast.

7. Visit 2 new states in the U.S.

8. Paddle an Outrigger Canoe.

9. Save enough money for a down payment on a house.

10. Buy starter and learn how to make really good San Francisco style sourdough bread.

11. Learn how to make my own barbeque sauce.

12. Attempt to make mozzarella cheese at home.

13. See a movie at a drive in theater.

14. Keep this blog going for at least another 2 years.

15. Do the majority of my shopping at farmers markets and try and eat more locally grown foods and foods that are actually in season for where I live. Only eat chicken that has been ethically raised.

16. Go on a long bike ride along the CA coast.

17. Buy a beach cruiser.

18. Go camping more often. Camp in the mountains near Julian again, like we used to every Memorial Day Weekend growing up.

19. Plant a fruit and vegetable garden, maintain, and harvest it.

20. Get a dog (or 3, plus a cat, some chickens, a goat, and one of those little teacup pigs).

21. Read Michael Pollan's 4 books: In Defense of Food, The Omnivore's Dilemna (I'm halfway through this one), Food Rules and the Botany of Desire.

22. Smoke pot, but only if it becomes legal in California! (Seriously, how did I get through high school without ever trying it? I'm a good girl is how!)

23. Go on a whale watching trip in Monterey Bay.

24. Visit Julian and my God Parents again.

25. Go apple and/or berry picking.

26. See Blink 182 in concert.

27. Third time's a charm- finally see Brand New in concert.

What are your goals for yourself over the next couple of years? I'd love to hear all or part of other peoples' 30 before 30 list or whatever your variation of it is (if you've done it on your blog before, send me the link just in case I haven't read it before).

3 comments:

  1. I love these kinds of lists and it is really fun to read other people's. I'm actually in this mode, as well - I started a Day Zero list a few days ago. I only have 38 out of my 101 things so far, but my list is here:
    http://dayzeroproject.com/user/ceeristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for sharing, I'm about to check yours out now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list, I want to do some of those things also-- maybe we should team up? Are you in Sydney?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please feel free to leave me a comment!