Sunday, July 4, 2010

And the Rockets Red Glare

I didn't have the most traditional 4th of July this year but I did manage to serve strawberry shortcake for dessert tonight so that was something. Also, in keeping with another American 4th tradition, I burnt my right hand and part of my left very, very badly. I can't say it was on anything as cool as fireworks, though. Nope, I burnt my hands when the boiling hot water I had just put in our hot water bottle for bed came spilling back out at me. MOTH Dude has jerry rigged a handkerchief with pieces of fresh aloe under it in to a bandage that he has wrapped my hand in and I'll wait and see in the morning how bad it actually is.

5 comments:

  1. Hi there - I'm a fellow American expat relocating to Sydney _ I was over on a 3 month tourist visa and am coming back as soon as the visa gods allow. I, too, am following my fiance on this crazy adventure! I found your blog linked to some others I read and am enjoying reading about your experiences down under. -Cristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristin- Thanks for the comment and thanks for reading. If you have a blog, leave me the address because when I click on your photo and name it keeps saying "blogger profile not found" and I'd love to follow along as you start your adventure here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have a blog! - It is www.opalheartedcountry.blogspot.com

    I'm curious, by the way, if you came over on a SP300 visa? I'm waiting for mine to be approved and would love to know how long others waited. I'm anxious to get back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've bookmarked you now and will have a read through your blog over the weekend, thanks :)

    I came over on a DeFacto Spouse visa, a 309 I think?

    Have you been on the Yanks Down Under (.net) site? They have lots of visa info on there and if you can't find an answer for your question then start a new post and someone will have the answer for you within a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I have looked at their forum and everyone's experience varies so much - some take a few weeks, others a few months. I suppose I just have to wait my turn ...

    I just noticed that you're also an Offbeat Bride fan. Are you on Offbeat Bride Tribe? I'm "ceeristin" on there, if you are.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please feel free to leave me a comment!